Being a mom totally amazes me sometimes. I often wonder through all of the sleepless nights, whining, crying, screaming, potty training days, and the many questions why, we as woman choose to do this whole motherhood thing. Well, while I can’t speak for any other mom, I can tell you why I have chosen to enter this world of Motherhood.
For me, I have gone on this journey because while there are they days of the sleepless nights, whining, crying, screaming, potty training, and the many questions why, they are far surpassed by the joy my girls bring me. For example, when Hailey looks at me with those big blue eyes and tells mommy that she loves her or says something silly, or comes up with a new word, such as whobody, it totally melts my heart! She is such a smart and amazing little girl. She has blown me away with how she has handled the transition of becoming a big sister! The things that often come out of Hailey’s mouth are unreal. She is too smart for her own good. Just the other day she says to me, “Oh, just one minute mommy.” Or she will say to her little sister, “Ava its okay, you just need to RELAX” and mind you there is some major emphasis on word relax! It is simply hilarious and I just love listening to her talk…although I often wonder why I ever worried about her talking when she was young. If I only could have looked into the future when she was 10/12 months and seen how much she was going to talk I would have set all of those worries aside. If you’ve ever seen that Volvo commercial where the little girl is with her dad and they are getting in the car and the dad gets her in her car seat, while she is talking away, shuts the door and gets in the drivers seat all the while the little girl didn’t miss a beat in her conversation, that describes Miss Hailey. I can already see the notes home from her teacher asking me to please talk with her and work with her on talking too much in class!!!! Oh the joys this little girl brings!
And as for my sweet Ava, while she has only been here for a little over a month, and most of that has been caring for her around the clock, she is a pure joy (well, most days.lol) But on those sleepless nights, where she just stares into my eyes, with her big blue eyes, it is SO worth being up in the wee hours. She has also just started to smile a bit here and there, nothing consistent yet, but we are getting there. She absolutely lights up when Hailey comes around, which makes me feel great for being able to give them each other. I think the gift of siblings is amazing and I pray they will be lifelong friends! Another joy that Ava brings me is watching her learn new things. She is at that young age where she just takes everything in. Her first bath for example, was so awesome to watch as she tried to figure out the sensation of water and then the sensation of becoming cold and then warmth when she got in the towel. She made such different faces as she experienced the different feelings. It amazes me how God works and how he creates these little beings and teaches them through the help of those around them.
My girls are simply my miracle and each moment I have with them I treasure as I feel so blessed to have my two girls in my life.
So while these are just a few, among the thousands of reasons I chose to enter motherhood, I treasure it and continue on my motherhood journey with a great deal of patience, understanding, frustration and joy, and I’m sure many more emotions as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment